• Carey T posted an update

    8 months, 1 week ago

    Recently moved into a bungalow built in the 1960’s. Have major problem with plaster blistering and paint flaking due to rising damp. The walls are stone built, plastered each side, 2ft wide externally and 1 ft wide internally. Would the injected DPC cream work in these? If not, would you have any alternative recommendations?


    • Like
    Reacted by Mr Damp
    1 Comment
    • Hello Carey T,
      First of all welcome to Mr Damp Social network! We are happy to have you here,
      Based on the information provided, it sounds like you may have a problem with rising damp in your bungalow. Injecting a damp proof course (DPC) cream can be effective in treating rising damp in some cases, but it’s important to identify the cause of the dampness before proceeding with any remedial action. Rising damp is often misdiagnosed.
      I would recommend contacting a local damp proofing company who is a member of the Property Care Association (PCA) and whose surveyor is qualified with the CSRT or other relevant qualification. They can carry out a thorough survey of your property to determine the cause of the dampness and advise you on the most appropriate course of action to eradicate the issue.
      It’s important to address rising damp as soon as possible to prevent further damage to your walls and potential health issues related to dampness in the home.
      Your local PCA Register Surveyor can be found here: https://www.property-care.org
      I hope this advice helps, and good luck with resolving the issue.
      Regards, Mr Damp